Mindfulness Is The New Normal
If the year 2020 has taught us anything, it's that mindfulness and living with intention is key. The year has certainly ripped away all facade of "having time" to do whatever, whenever and however, we want. It has shown us that every day and every moment should count towards something that really matters to us, which brings us back around the circle of minimalism; living true to ourselves and what matters.
So how do you begin to make mindfulness your new normal? how do you get the most out of your life?
1. Tune your brain to focus on the present moment. By focusing on the here and now, it gives greater peace of mind and clarity. It gives you the opportunity to build experiences you will genuinely remember.
2. Focus on one thing at a time and let go of the mirage of multitasking.
3. Choose to invest in and purchase the things you will truly enjoy.
4. Be mindful of what you feed your soul and be selective of what you allow into your mind and heart.
5. Live for more than yourself. This spans across different things such as giving your time in acts of service to others, actively listening during conversations, and not just waiting for a chance to reply.
6. Meditate. Taking a moment to meditate will help silence the noise and chatter of the outside world and help you realign with the things that matter to you.
*featured image by Olga O on Unsplash
Share this post.